I am new
We are so glad that you are thinking of coming to St James United Church. We are a welcoming community and understand it can be a challenge walking into a church for the first time. To help ease any concerns, we have put together some quick facts about what you can expect on a typical Sunday morning.
WHAT IS ST. JAMES ALL ABOUT?
Whether you are religious or spiritual, devoted, or curious our doors are open to you. Come and check us out!
Getting to St James United Church.
- We are located in Etobicoke, at 400 Burnhamthorpe Road. Parking is available at the rear of the building.
- There are TTC bus stops on both sides of the street in front of the church, connected by a signalized crosswalk. TTC bus route 50 schedule.
- Enter from the parking lot where a volunteer will greet you and provide assistance if required. Feel free to ask questions if you are not sure what to do.
ONCE YOU ARE IN
- Once inside the church you can hang your coat up or keep it with you. It’s up to you.
- You will receive a copy of the church service prior to entering the sanctuary. If you have special needs, please mention it to the ushers. Hearing devices are available for your use.
- Services start at 10:30 on Sunday mornings. You are welcome to sit anywhere in the church.
- Our service includes a mixture of traditional and contemporary hymns which are displayed on the screen, prayers and story time for the kids, offering, Bible reading(s), and a Message. During a service there may be some standing for hymns and prayers. If you aren’t sure what to do just watch the people sitting around you and follow their lead. If you have mobility challenges it is perfectly fine to stay seated.
- There is no dress code, People dress in everything from jeans to dresses/suits. We want you to feel comfortable and welcomed.
kids at st. james united
We love babies, toddlers, and children at St. James. Children are an integral part of life at our church.
0 - 3 years
You are welcome to stay during the service with infants and young children. We are a safe space for breastfeeding. We have a Nursery that is open prior to the beginning of the service until the end of coffee time, staffed by a qualified adult and youth volunteers. It is for children who are three years and under.
jk to grade 12
After the children’s time, the children are invited to go to a special program just for them. If your children would prefer to stay with you in the church for the first few Sundays, that is just fine. To learn more about our children’s program check out our Sunday School page.
community refreshment and treat time.
following the service
After the service, we invite you to join us for refreshments in Fellowship Hall adjoining the
sanctuary. We serve complimentary tea, coffee, juice, and goodies.
On your way out please take a moment to say hello to Rev. Maya. She would like to meet you.
want more info?
Remember that everyone around you was new at one time. Just come and enjoy the experience, and we hope you return. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well. If you would like more information about the church, please contact us.
st. james united
Our vision at St. James United Church is to be a Spirit-filled, connected, transformational church that challenges the status quo and provokes interaction on our journey of faith.
400 Burnhamthorpe Road, Etobicoke, ON M9B 2A8
(two blocks east of Hwy 427)
Copyright © 2021, St. James United Church
Website designed by Mohak Kapoor