Welcome to St. James Feel Good Food. The food tastes yummy and lets you feel good for lots of reasons including:
- Fresh, local ingredients
- Fair trade tea, coffee and other products whenever possible
- Safe, friendly environment
- No Tax, No Tip, Registered Charity of St. James United Church
- All profits serve the community including:
- 65 years of scouting
- Food Bank serving 2,000 children & adults each month
- Natural Wellness and Reiki Centre
- Award-winning Choral Music
- 40 Solar panels on our roof and environmental consciousness.
- Core Values of Inclusivity, Compassion, Integrity and Respect.
Chef Roxie De Angelis has a passion for cooking and delights in making people happy through delicious feel good food. She is a certified chef specializing in holistic nutrition, gluten free and vegan cooking. She has taught Italian cooking, worked with the Culinary Institute of Europe, served as chef for children’s camps, resorts, and a wellness hostel, and owns and operates Chili and Fennel Culinary. She uses healthier ingredients such as maple syrup and agave in place of white sugar. Roxie welcomes your requests and feedback. We are here to serve.
KIDS PARTIES: Birthdays and Other Celebrations
- 2 Hours Every Saturday: 12:45 – 2:45 p.m. or 3:15 – 5:15 p.m.
- Custom-made parties to fit your needs and budget.
- Minimum 10 to maximum 30 children.
- Base Cost: $15 per child includes food, hall/gym, tables and chairs. Bonus: free use of sports equipment.
- Bonus: free coffee, tea and cookie for adults accompanying children and plenty of parking.
- For more details click here
COOKING CAMPS FOR KIDS:
- Stay tuned for full-day March Break Camp March 12-16, 2018 details coming soon.
- July and August full-day camp Monday to Friday
POP-UP BAKE SHOP:
- 2nd and 4th Saturday monthly from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Imagine fresh, preservative-free, sweet and healthy goodies:
- chocolate brownies
- lemon squares
- fruit tarts and pies
- banana loaves
- zucchini loaves
- savoury meat and vegetarian pies in a seasonal cream sauce
Arrive early for the best selection, pre-order or make special requests.
COOKING CLASSES & DEMOS FOR ADULTS & CHILDREN
- Starting in January 2018
- Learn Vegetarian, Italian, Gluten-free, Heart-healthy cooking
- Discover how to bring out the flavour in food, and blend spices.
- Receive recipes.
- Special Kids Cooking Class in preparation for Mother’s Day
and Father’s Day
Stay tuned for details posted soon.
- 1st Thursday monthly at 12:30 p.m. October to June.
- Hot lunch is served complete with rolls, entrée, dessert, tea and coffee for $6.00
- A half hour program follows lunch.
Pre-register: Call Marty Linton 416-654-1907 to advise if you are coming and to arrange a ride if necessary.
- 3rd Sunday monthly at 11:45 a.m. September to June.
A delicious, homemade, 3-course meal by donation.
- Special events
- Memorial Receptions
- Seasonal Community Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Your input and suggestions are welcome. Please let us know how we can serve you.